Thankfully it is pretty easy in Iowa City to eat organically. I just went to the New Pioneer Co-op to do my grocery shopping. This is a great place that sells organic and locally grown/raised food. Here's a bit from their website http://www.newpi.com:
- We feature and prepare foods that are free of artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, and trans fats.
- We actively seek out and support sources of certified organically grown foods, locally grown whenever possible.
- We feature seafood, poultry, meat, and dairy that are free of added growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrates, or other chemical additives.
- We highlight household and personal care products that have been proven safe through non-animal testing methods.
- We feature grains and grain products that have not been bleached or bromated.
- We do not knowingly sell food that has been irradiated.