Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Eats

I recently watched the documentary Food Inc., and now I feel completely different about how and what I eat.  Everyone, you must watch this- you won't regret it.




Thankfully it is pretty easy in Iowa City to eat organically.  I just went to the New Pioneer Co-op to do my grocery shopping.  This is a great place that sells organic and locally grown/raised food.  Here's a bit from their website http://www.newpi.com:

  1. We feature and prepare foods that are free of artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, and trans fats.
  2. We actively seek out and support sources of certified organically grown foods, locally grown whenever possible.
  3. We feature seafood, poultry, meat, and dairy that are free of added growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrates, or other chemical additives.
  4. We highlight household and personal care products that have been proven safe through non-animal testing methods.
  5. We feature grains and grain products that have not been bleached or bromated.
  6. We do not knowingly sell food that has been irradiated.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look of your blog! I'm about to do some serious catch up posting on mine, so get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's not fancy, but I like it. I am definitely ready for some updates from you! Post away.

    ReplyDelete